I dreamt of flying last night...
I am an airplane bound for the unknown
My life is a series of images with an exorbitant amount of comings and goings of people from different directions at different times. There are constant take offs and landings and pit stops on my travel.
While I’m grounded at this particular airport I’ve come to certain truths about my life.
There are different planes traveling to different places. A diverse host of airline carriers from small sizes to large with a wide range of capabilities await me. Each airplane carries its own baggage, has its own manifest of people they carry on board and their own crew that ensures a smooth flight and landing.
Yet they all fly under the same sky and everyone hits turbulence. It doesn’t matter how good a pilot is manning the plane, bad weather happens to everyone. You just have to ride it out and do everything you can to keep to your course while staying aloft. It doesn’t even matter where you've been or where you are going next, no plane is better than the other. You all go through the same challenges. But it’s how you overcome these challenges that makes it different. You can panic or stay calm knowing that everything is at the mercy of the elements. You just never know what to expect…what life will throw at you.
But you’ll keep on flying because that’s what you’re meant to do and you’re most majestic when you’re up there braving the unknown. You have to continue to fly in order to reach your next destination…whether that is home or a new place that brings new challenges.
But right now I’m comfortable with staying grounded…
Refueling. Reloading. Repairing.
I’ll catch the next flight with the right tickets in my hand. Hopefully the forecast predicts clear blue skies but if not I’m prepared to spread my wings and fly anyways
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment