Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Martha's Vineyard



An escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Martha's Vineyard is the perfect island getaway to celebrate our two year anniversary. I am looking forward to exploring this idyllic summer retreat rich in New England history and maritime culture. The island has a number of towns that have their own particular charms, from secluded cliff walks, historic light houses to swanky shops and boutiques. I have not been to the island in many years so I'm not sure how well my memory will serve me especially since I have a terrible sense of direction. But I do remember my favorites including Murdick's Fudge in Edgartown and the small fishing village of Menemsha, which holds the title of the BEST sunset lobster on this side of the coast. It's definitely a romantic hot spot for the lovebirds. As cliched as it is I still plan on creating some memorable "us" moments there with the S.O. The quaint town of Vineyard Haven boosts some of the most scenic beaches and breath taking views of the ocean. I can fondly remember the first time I was standing there on the beach, eyes squinted toward the strange formation of the waves in the distance, and with my legs firmly planted in the wet sand. I was standing before it, beckoning to its strength and force. Behold...Mighty Atlantic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment