I've visited NYC on many occasions but I have never taken a picture of the Empire State building or the Statue of Liberty. I just always assumed they would forever be in the New York City skyline. Same with the Flatiron building and the World Trade Center. Of course I never imagined that a terrorist attack would take down the twin towers. Nobody did.
I don't have anything purposely planned to post for today's 8th Anniversary. No poems, graphics or song passages. Nothing of the sort. This isn't because I've forgotten or that I don't care anymore, because that isn't true. It is because life, particularly as an American, was forever altered that day. It may not be with flags or eagles and constant images of the day but with the choices and events of our lives. The new rules, the new laws, the endless debates and the wars... Our daily lives and concerns, our choices, our actions. Our thoughts. Our mentalities. Everything for now on has a little shadow of 9/11 written on it. That is a reminder we will live with everyday as Americans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment