Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trader's Joe Easy Peasy Chicken Dish


Thanks to Pinterest for this simple and easy chicken recipe! This is a modified version from "The I Love Trader's Joe Cookbook". It requires little prep time which makes it perfect for the busy cook.

Ingredients:
1. A package of Chicken thighs (I used boneless, skinless thighs)
- You can make this recipe using chicken breasts, boneless pork chops or any meat you fancy. The cook time will vary so I suggest using a meat thermometer to make sure the meat is fully cook.
2. Rice Wine Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Rice vinegar can be used as a substitute
3. Maple syrup 1/4 cup
- Try not to use the generic stuff as the flavors are more intense with the real deal. No offense Mrs. Buttersworth
4. Dijon Mustard 1/2 cup
- I hate mustard but I buy grey poupon for Pepe aka the hubby
5. Fresh Rosemary (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 450ºF
2. Prep your oven proof baking dish by lining it with aluminum foil
3. Salt and Pepper chicken thigh to your liking and place in baking dish
4. Mix the mustard, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar together than pour over chicken thighs
- don't forget to save a little of the sauce for later
5. Fully coat the thighs with the sauce
6. Put chicken thighs in oven to bake for 40 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the top of the chicken with more sauce half way through.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 165ºF
8. Let Chicken rest for 5 minutes, spoon over some of the sauce and sprinkle fresh rosemary before serving.

I am not a fan of mustard so I was reluctant to try this recipe. However, my taste buds did not detect any mustardness. Instead there is a subtle sweetness and a savory flavorful taste to the tender chicken which makes it quite a palette pleasing dish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment