We are inspired! And we are so ready to divide and conquer our two family home with the new plans! I will definitely continue to update with photos as we move along with the projects.
First off a fresh coat of paint does wonders! It's an inexpensive way to upgrade our old home with a new clean and bright look. We are still in the painting phase as we have 6 rooms to complete. Our living room, bedroom and office embraced the warmth of Macadamia by Martha Stewart. It is an earth tone shade of yellow that compliments our rich brown furnishings.
Next we are removing the old linoleum floors in the kitchen and dining room upstairs. We are replacing it with an off white ceramic tile with a cloudy grey design. The walls will be painted in Stone White by Benjamin Moore. The dining room and kitchen floors downstairs will be replaced with bamboo laminates because we also plan on putting them in the living room instead of refinishing the original hardwoods. The old 70s wall tile in the dining room and kitchen downstairs will be painted too. Still not sure about the color but now that the hubby wants to knock down the wall separating the dining room and kitchen for an open floor plan, I have to rethink the design and layout of the entire space. I am not so thrilled about the idea as I like defined living quarters. I like to eat in my dining room, entertain in my living room and work in my office. However I have found a architectural compromise. A dividing wall is a smart design solution that gives the feel of an open floor plan but the look of a defined space.


0 comments:
Post a Comment