When I first started blogging almost everyday a couple years back, it was because I wanted to be able to reflect on events that I considered life changing. Well, maybe not so much life changing per say, but more or less moments I held dearly to which I wanted to jot down.
I was going off to college and it was the first time in my life that I would be away from my friends and family. Needless to say I was scared and didn’t adapt to the changes in my environment too well. I needed some sort of medium to let out my suppressed emotions. Blogging was therapy for my soul. I could fill my blog with entries, finding solace in the written word. Back than, I was writing more for myself.
As time passed, I began to discover how quickly I felt connected to other bloggers. Sites like xanga and blogspot made it possible for people like me, who are not very articulate in person to be able to freely express themselves online. My writing has helped me grow as a person. It has taught me the art of contentment through the written word. That means whatever life gives me, good or bad, I will see it through till the end. It means I don’t walk away every time things get rough, because it builds patience, perseverance, understanding and a hundred different other virtues that people in a hurry will never be able to cherish.
I am still learning. And I am lucky I’ve been able to write and reflect back on all the things I’ve been through over the past few years. One major life lesson I’ve been able to write about is on relationships. Friendship in particular can be lost in our lives due to neglect, anger, pride or sometimes simply because of circumstance. How ever it is lost, often times we lose a part of ourselves that can never quite recover. Because friendship is as delicate as glass, and once broken it can be fixed but the cracks are always there as a reminder of the past.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment