Whenever I get struck by an idea, I become fixated by it until the idea becomes a reality - or until a better idea comes along to distract me from the previous idea. I recently went to Michael’s to load up on craft supplies for several art projects including the V-Day card I’m making for Aaron. While I was browsing through the store I stumbled upon a number of beautiful silk floral arrangements on display for special occasions like weddings or birthday parties. The design concepts were not the traditional types you would normally see. They all looked very modern and simplistic. I am not a big fan of silk flowers because I think it’s super tacky to use them for weddings. However, the arrangements did inspire me to look at fresh flowers the same way. I had the idea to pitch these center piece designs to my roomy for her impending nuptials. She is a minimalist and not a flower fan. Last week, she asked me to assist her with center piece design and to visit the florists with her. Since then I’ve been doing some research on wedding centerpieces and flower trends. I’ve also been experimenting with the blooms in the green house to design an elegant yet simple look for her wedding. It has given me the opportunity to be an amateur floral designer, which I secretly aspire to be right now. I simply love flowers and as every flower lover knows, flowers have a language of their own. Every sentiment is expressed in one form or another by these fragile blooms. I am fairly confident about my taste in style, and I am capable of doing whatever I put my mind into - until I get distracted by something else.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Floral Fancies
Whenever I get struck by an idea, I become fixated by it until the idea becomes a reality - or until a better idea comes along to distract me from the previous idea. I recently went to Michael’s to load up on craft supplies for several art projects including the V-Day card I’m making for Aaron. While I was browsing through the store I stumbled upon a number of beautiful silk floral arrangements on display for special occasions like weddings or birthday parties. The design concepts were not the traditional types you would normally see. They all looked very modern and simplistic. I am not a big fan of silk flowers because I think it’s super tacky to use them for weddings. However, the arrangements did inspire me to look at fresh flowers the same way. I had the idea to pitch these center piece designs to my roomy for her impending nuptials. She is a minimalist and not a flower fan. Last week, she asked me to assist her with center piece design and to visit the florists with her. Since then I’ve been doing some research on wedding centerpieces and flower trends. I’ve also been experimenting with the blooms in the green house to design an elegant yet simple look for her wedding. It has given me the opportunity to be an amateur floral designer, which I secretly aspire to be right now. I simply love flowers and as every flower lover knows, flowers have a language of their own. Every sentiment is expressed in one form or another by these fragile blooms. I am fairly confident about my taste in style, and I am capable of doing whatever I put my mind into - until I get distracted by something else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment