Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let them eat cake!

The wedding cake is one of my favorite parts of a wedding. After all the cake is the centerpiece of a reception, and is one of the first things guests see as they arrive. So the first glimpse of the wedding cake is a very dramatic and awe worthy moment. It is also one of the last items served at a wedding reception. The guests will likely take the memory of the cake with them. But most important is the beautiful tradition of the cake cutting ceremony, which symbolizes the couple's commitment to sharing a life with each other. However, it is the creative concepts and artistic designs of a wedding cake that I find the most impressive. After watching Amazing Wedding Cakes religiously on WEtv, I've learned to appreciate and respect the bakers/artist involved in creating these decadent works of art. I particularly love whimsical and non traditional cakes, they are total eye candy. The excellent attention to details and the imaginative approach to designing a cake is worthy of great praise. Of course I've tasted beautiful cakes that lacked in flavor so to have both without compromise is truly amazing. I am lucky to be invited to a cake tasting next week with Sprinkles Fine Desserts. I'm wicked excited about it. Party in my mouth lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment