It's in the wee hours of the morning and I am missing someone. This being apart stuff gets tough although I know the distance is no longer a great obstacle for us, I still can't quite get used to being alone at night. I am sorta looking forward to the school year because my time away will be much shorter and so will the commute.
As the news of my engagement quickly spreads at work, I often get questions like, "How did he propose?" and "When is the date?", but one question in particular puts a smile on my face. "Why did you say yes?". He did ask me at some point in the jewelry store to marry him but I was too giddy to properly respond although I did say yes. Mind you, I was romancing the stone and was sooo excited that I'm sure my incoherent musings to myself was a sure sign of insanity to onlookers. Love struck? Yes. Stone Struck? Definitely.
But I digress, distracted once again by the bobble on my finger. He is generous...and I am so lucky to have found someone who loves me for me. His presence calms me like no one else, he brings me peace when all around me is chaos, he makes my world seem right with his soothing voice and gentle gestures. In his own special way, he tempers my impetuosity and quells my ire. He is my warm blanket on a cold night, umbrella on a rainy day and the cheese to macaroni. I could go on and on with an endless list of cheesy sappy analogies but in all seriousness I never felt more right about anything in my life. That definite, 110% feeling is so real it is unreal to me.
I suppose that's why I wanted to get married. It's hard to explain, but it was like all of a sudden, the part of me that has been missing my whole life is there, and I feel like I'm whole again. That's how I feel when I think about our life together... and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment